The Office of Grants Facilitation (OGF) is a unit of the New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station Office of Economic Development and Innovation at the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences (SEBS). The OGF provides support to faculty in the pursuit of securing and maintaining grant funding. Through a combination of outreach and education endeavors, the office is able to help faculty take full advantage of all funding opportunities. The OGF also works in conjunction with NJAES Office of Capacity Funding to develop broader impact statements derived from capacity and competitive funded projects.
The OGF is also responsible for overseeing all aspects of grant submissions. This office supports University regulatory compliance, interprets contractual terms and conditions, and mitigates risk for SEBS and NJAES. This office provides guidance to faculty and staff on sponsor requirements for all competitive grants, contracts, and agreements. This office is responsible for improving the transition from pre-award to post-award. The OGF staff works with senior leadership to develop and modify policies, procedures, and systems in accordance with governmental regulations and organizational needs and objectives.
What We Do
- Focused search for potential funding sources
- Develop funding plans to help build program/project capacity
- Help establish and build connections to funders, collaborators and partnering organizations
- Serve as a liaison to funding agencies and organizations, including cultivation activities
- Deliver educational programming on compliance regulations
- Create educational programs to support research faculty and staff to be responsive to funders
- Provides assistance with budget development
- Responsible for reviewing and interpreting grant submission guidelines
- Review and edit proposals for completeness before final submission to ensure compliance with funding guidelines